Thursday, May 8, 2008

Be Doers of the WORD

As I set here drinking a cup of Chai tea, and pondering on the days events. I find myself overwhelmed at all the tasks at hand. I think of the busyness of life, trying not to stray from the goal at hand. which of course is to share the gospel with others. this task, or calling to all belivers is a something that isn't getting fullfilled. I take a self evaluation and dig deep inside to find out the problem. I don't look for excuses, but the real problem, so it may be fixed and the cause of Christ may continue. CARING! PASSION! LOVE! these 3 things have really been brought to my attention. not only in my life but others need to get back or get too having these 3 things for God and others. we live in a society that promotes pride and "its all about me" mentality. this is a dreadful problem for believers. remember we are not of this worls anymore, but in it. we need to focus and be that salt and light that we are. well... more to ponder... more to come.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I agree. It makes my skin crawl when I listed to a so called Christian radio station and hear the words "encouraging for YOUR life" and "empowering YOU" over and over. They just want to make you "feel" good. The world is so concerned about making ourselves happy, we forget to show love to others, and more importantly, we forget to show the love of God to others. That's a big problem.